67.打电话
Hello!
喂!
A:Hello!
喂!
B: Hello! Is Jenny at home?
喂,珍妮在家吗?
Is that David Brown?
请问是大卫·布朗吗?
A:Is that David Brown?
请问是大卫·布朗吗?
B:This is him.
我就是。
Is this the David residence?
请问是大卫家吗?
A: Is this the David residence?
请问是大卫家吗?
B:Yes, it is.
是的。
residence n. 住处
Hello, is Jane at home?
喂,简在家吗?
A:Hello, is Jane at home?
喂,简在家吗?
B:She is out.
她出去了。
Could I talk to Mr. Brown?
= Can I speak to Mr. Brown?
= May I talk to Mr. Brown?
= Could I speak to Mr. Brown?
= I'd like to talk to Mr. Brown, please.
我想和布朗先生通话。
A: Could I talk to Mr. Brown
我想和布朗先生通话。
B: I'm sorry Mr. Brown won't come back until this evening.
拖歉,布朗先生要晚上才能回来。
Sorry I have misdialed.
对不起,我打错了。
I'm afraid I have the wrong number.
恐怕我拨错号码了。
misdial v. 拨错电话号码
May I leave a message?
= Can I leave a message?
= Could you take a message?
我想留个话。
A:May I leave a message?
我想留个话。
B:Sure,what's it?
当然可以,什么事?
I'II just call back.
= I'll try again later.
= I'll catch him ! her again later.
= I'll call him l her again later.
我会再打的。