42.满意与不满
I'm quite pleased with my job.
= I'm very satisfied with my work.
= My job is satisfactory.
我对我的工作很满意。
satisfactory a, 令人满意的
I'm at peace.
我生活得非常安逸。
A:How are you?
你过得怎么样?
B:I'm at peace.
我生活得非常安逸。
My mind's at ease.
我的心情舒畅。
A: My mind's at ease.
我的心情舒畅。
B: I'm happy to hear this.
听你这么说我真高兴。
at ease“放松,舒适”
Very good!
= Not bad!
= Very nice!
很好!
That's not what I had in mind.
这并不如我想象得那么好。
A: What do you think of this book?
你认为这本书怎么样?
B: That's not what I had in mind.
这并不如我想象得那么好。
Wonderful!
= Splendid!
= Excellent!
好极了!
I'm content.
我很满足。
A: How about your life here?
你在这儿生活得怎么样?
B: I'm content.
我很满足。
I'm satisfied.
我很满意。
That is exactly what I want.
这正是我想要的。
A:What about this hat?
这顶帽子怎么样?
B: That is exactly what I want.
这正是我想要的。
I can't complain.
我没什么可以抱怨的。
A: What do you think of their service?
你觉得他们的服务怎么样?
B:I can't complain.
我没什么可以抱怨的。
Not up to much.
不怎么样。
Not good at all.
一无是处。
up to much“有很大价值的,令人满意的”
It's not a good excuse.
这不是个好借口。
There's no excuse.
没有借口。
I've run out of my patience.
我忍无可忍了。
run out of“用完,耗尽”
It is not good enough.
这还不够好。
enough修饰形容词/副词时要放在形容词/副词后。
That leaves a lot to be improved.
这仍有许多要改进的地方。
improve v.改进,提高
I don't like it very much.
我不太喜欢它。
I don't like it at all.
我根本不喜欢它。
That won't do.
那可不行。
That won't work.
那不管用。
No more excuses.
= Don't make any excuses!
不要再找借口了。
Don't take it out on me.
不要把怨气发泄在我身上。
take out“发泄”
I'm not satisfied with it.
我对这不满意。
be satisfied with“对…满意”