英语资讯
News

实战口语情景对话 第981期:Doctor Dreams 医生梦

Source: 恒星英语学习网    2017-09-29  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

Todd: So hey Josh, how you doing?
托德:嗨,乔什,你怎么样?

Josh: I'm good. How are you?
乔什:我很好。你好吗?

Todd: Oh, doing pretty good. Josh, how old are you?
托德:哦,我很好。乔什,你多大了?

Josh: I am 17.
乔什:我17岁。

Todd: 17, so you're kind of at the start of your life.
托德:17岁,你的人生才刚刚开始。

Josh: Yeah, I guess you could say that.
乔什:对,我猜到你会这么说。

Todd: That's pretty awesome. So what do you want to be in the future? Like what are your plans?
托德:这太棒了。你未来想做什么?你有什么计划?

Josh: Well obviously, I want to go to college and after college I've thought about going to optometry school to become an eye doctor.
乔什:显然,我要上大学,大学毕业后我想去视光学校,以后当眼科医生。

Todd: Wow! An eye doctor.
托德:哇哦!眼科医生。

Josh: Yeah.
乔什:对。

Todd: What is it that made you would want to be an eye doctor?
托德:你为什么想当眼科医生?

Josh: I guess it kind of started when I was really little and I got glasses for the first time. And when I got those glasses, you know I put them on and I really needed them. And no one found out that I needed them very quickly and so when I first put them on, I looked around and everything was so much crisper. And I think my mom always says that when I looked around I said, “Mom, I can see the trees and I can see all the branches. And it's so cool”. And she didn't realize how badly I needed them until right then, but that moment I always will remember that. And then the other reason is that my cousin has had lots of eye problems and ended up going blind in one eye. And I remember asking him to go to a 3D movie with me one time and he said, "I can't because you need two eyes to see 3D." And I loved 3D movies at that point so I felt so bad for him that he couldn't see a 3D movie. And that was ... that kind of made me feel like I needed to fix people's eyes.
乔什:我想是在我很小的时候,在我一开始戴眼镜的时候有了这种想法。我拿到眼镜戴上以后,我发现我真的很需要眼镜。没有人马上就发现我很需要眼镜,当我戴上眼镜以后,我四处看了看,我发现所有的一切都更清晰了。我妈妈一直在说,我环顾四周的时候跟她说:“妈妈,我可以看到树了,我可以看到所有的树枝。这太酷了。”直到那时她才发现我有多需要眼镜,不过我会一直记得那个时刻。我要当眼科医生的另一个原因是,我表哥有很多眼部疾病,这导致他的一只眼睛失明了。我记得有一次我请他和我一起去看3D电影,可是他说:“我不能去,因为看3D电影需要两只眼睛。”当时我非常喜欢3D电影,所以我认为他看不了3D电影非常糟糕。那让我觉得我应该去治疗人们的眼睛。

Todd: That's a great story. So you've wanted to be an eye doctor for some time?
托德:这真是个很棒的故事。所以你想当眼科医生这个想法已经有一段时间了。

Josh: Yeah, ever since I was basically six.
乔什:对,从我6岁开始。

Todd: So are you doing things right now to help prepare yourself to get into college and become a doctor?
托德:那你现在做的事情是在为进入大学然后成为医生做准备吗?

Josh: Absolutely, just I've researched the classes that I should take to be able to make it that far. And so I'm taking those classes and doing everything I can to get in that direction.
乔什:当然了,我刚刚研究了我应该参加哪些课程才能达成目标。我准备上这些课程,做任何能让我朝那个方向前进的事情。

Todd: Oh wow, that's great.
托德:哦哇,太棒了。

Josh: Looking at schools and everything.
乔什:我正在研究学校。

Todd: Now, I think you mentioned that you're actually taking online classes through MIT? And you're in high school.
托德:我想你提到过你正在上麻省理工学院的网络课程,对吧?你现在还在上高中。

Josh: Yeah, that's right. I'm just looking at them, they're free to do so you can watch the videos whichever ones you want. And they're really interesting, the professors at MIT are really cool.
乔什:对,没错。我正在收看这些课程,因为这类课程可以免费收看。这非常有意思,麻省理工学院的教授非常棒。

Todd: Well that's great! So your parents must be really proud?
托德:真不错!你父母一定感到很自豪吧?

Josh: I don't know about that, I hope so.
乔什:这我不知道,不过我希望如此。

Todd: So do you have a fallback plan like if you were not able to become an eye doctor, would there be another profession you would be interested in?
托德:你有没有后备计划,如果你没能成为眼科医生的话,你还有其他感兴趣的职业吗?

Josh: Recently I've been looking at biomedical engineering as well.
乔什:最近我也在关注生物医学工程。

Todd: What is that, biomedical engineering?
托德:什么是生物医学工程?

Josh: Biomedical engineering, well, it's engineering like anything, so building things but with the biomedical part means that you build things that interact with the human body. So for example, the new Google's goggles or glasses, those are actually developed partly by biomedical engineers who just help to create the fit and make sure they wouldn't cause headaches or injuries or anything like that. And then also heart stents or any medical device like a heart rate monitor or a prosthetic, those are all made by biomedical engineers.
乔什:生物医学工程……工程就是指建造的意思,生物医学指的是创造出和人体相互作用的东西。比如,谷歌新出的护目镜和眼镜,这些就是生物医学工程师开发出来的东西,作用是帮助创造适合人体的东西,并确保这些东西不会引发头疼或其他伤痛。另外,心脏支架或是心率监视器和假肢等医疗设备,这些都是生物医学工程师制造出来的。

Todd: Oh wow, that sounds like an interesting field.
托德:哦哇哦,听起来这是个很有趣的领域。

Josh: Yeah, for sure.
乔什:对,当然了。

Todd: Well, good luck with your career, I hope it all pans out.
托德:好,希望你事业顺利,我希望你能成功。

Josh: Thank you.
乔什:谢谢。


将本页收藏到:
上一篇:实战口语情景对话 第980期:Delish Nigerian Foods 尼日利亚美食
下一篇:实战口语情景对话 第982期:Google Glasses 谷歌眼镜

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved