按照老板的指示,梅需要为公司在英国找一家代理商。
(M = May, B= Businessman)
M: Excuse me. I work for 'Comfort Tours' 
打扰一下。我是"舒适旅行"公司的。 
B: Good morning, yes. How can I help you? 
早上好。需要帮忙吗? 
M: Em, we're looking for a British company to help us with marketing and promotion in Britain. 
嗯。我们在找一家英国公司来帮我们在英国做市场和推广。 
B: I see. So you're looking for a partner? 
明白了。你们在找合作伙伴? 
M: Yes, exactly. We would like to discuss a partnership, and some sort of agreement or contract. 
是的,没错。我们会考虑合作关系,签协议或是合约。 
B: Ok. Well, we work in Britain, mainly. So I don't think we could help you, I'm sorry to say. 
嗯。厄,我们的业务主要在英国国内。所以我想我们帮不到你,很抱歉。 
M: OK. Do you know any other agency which might be interested? 
好的。你知道有什么对此感兴趣的代理商吗? 
B: Well, em, why don't you talk to Anita Handley over there? She's the manager of a company called 'On Your Own Travel'. 
厄,你们为什么不和那边的安妮塔·汉德里谈谈?她是"自在旅行"公司的经理。 
M: Oh, thank you. I'll speak to her.
哦,谢谢。我会和她谈的。 
M: Excuse me, are you Anita Handley? 
打扰一下,您是安妮塔·汉德里吗? 
A: Yes, that's me. How can I help you? 
是我。需要帮忙吗? 
M: I represent 'Comfort Tours'. We're looking for a British company to help us with marketing in Britain. 
我是"舒适旅行"公司的代表。我们在找一家英国公司,帮我们在英国开拓市场。 
A: Ah, so you are looking for a British agent to represent you here? Is that right? 
啊,那么你们是想找家英国代理商在英国代理你们的业务了?是吗? 
M: Yes, exactly. 
是的,没错。 
A: Well, that's perfect. We already represent a number of companies, so I'm certainly interested in discussing a partnership of some kind. 
那太好了。我们现在为很多公司做代理,我对这类合作非常有兴趣。 
M: Oh, what other partnerships do you have? 
哦,你们都为什么公司做代理呢? 
A: Well, we represent a large Japanese company and we have agreements with agents in Australia and Greece. We handle all their marketing in Britain. 
我们为一家很大的日本公司做代理,我们和澳大利亚、希腊的代理商也有合作。我们负责他们在英国的所有业务。 
M: That sounds great. Why don't we sit down and talk a bit more about it? 
很棒。我们为什么不坐下来详细谈谈? 
A: Fine, let's get a coffee at the same time.
太好了,我们一起喝咖啡谈吧。